Featured Post

What is Power Writing

PowerWriting: An Brief Overview What is Power Writing? ·         Power Writing is a writing system that assigns a number to eac...

Learning Intentions: Week of December 18, 2016

6:00 PM Viv Beck 0 Comments

This week is a busy week. Here's what lies ahead... Here are your "I Can..." Statements for the week. These three objective are the reason for all the work you engage in throughout this week.

This week you're going to practice what you learned last week about objective summaries!

I know you're as excited as I am!!!

 


Weekly Learning Intentions

 

Vocabulary 


Weekly Objectives

      * I can recall the meaning of vocabulary words with accuracy

      * I effectively apply the Think and Search Strategy and apply the correct usage of words to current vocabulary words.

Reading 


Weekly Objective

      * I can annotate a non-fiction article to identify significant information to be included in an objective summary.

Writing/English


Weekly Objectives

      * I can generate a graphic organizer of information based on annotation of non-fiction text.

      * I can use Writing Tools to create sentence variety in my objective summary.

      * I can generate an objective summary from the graphic organizer created from annotation.

      * I can submit my written summary to a plagiarism checker to evaluate my skills of paraphrasing


Reminder for the Week

What you learned in November, apply in December.
What you learned last week, apply this week.
What you learned yesterday, apply today.

CLICK HERE TO MOVE TO THE NEXT PAGE