Featured Post

What is Power Writing

PowerWriting: An Brief Overview What is Power Writing? ·         Power Writing is a writing system that assigns a number to eac...

PowerWriting: From PowerFrame to PowerGraph

1:22 PM Viv Beck 0 Comments

Power Up Your Writing!


PowerWriting is a strategy to help you create well organized paragraph with relevant information.

The goal of PowerWriting is to help you generate effective paragraph with relevant details and support.


The best part is, you will be able to create impressive paragraph quickly!

Today, we worked on the foundational stages of PowerWriting.

Let's review what you learned...


You know how to write a 1,2,3,2,3 paragraph - or - as we says in PowerWriting, a...

PowerGraph.

Before you write your PowerGraph you must create a PowerFrame to organize your thoughts.

Example of PowerFrame


P1. __________________________________ (topic)
        P 2. ______________________________________ (sub-topic)
              P3. ________________________________________ (detail)
        P 2. ______________________________________ (sub-topic)
              P3. ________________________________________ (detail)

 

A PowerFrame Completed


P1. _____ Vacations Destinations _________
      P2. _______  Cocoa Beach, FL __________
            P3. ________ Mom lives on water _______
      P2. _______  Peoria, AZ  ______________
            P3. ________ Visit sister  ______________

PowerFrame to PowerGraph


            There are two vacation destination that make me happy. The first one is Cocoa Beach, Florida. I love traveling to Cocoa because my mama lives on the water and we enjoy it together. The other vacation destination I love is Peoria, Arizona. Every time I go there, I get to spend time with my best friend, my sister.

A Closer Look at PowerWriting Structure


           There are two vacation destination that make me happy (P1). The first one is Cocoa Beach, Florida (P2).  I love traveling to Cocoa because my mama lives on the water and we enjoy it together(p3). The other vacation destination I love is Peoria, Arizona (P2).  Every time I go there, I get to spend time with my best friend, my sister. (P3)