Featured Post

What is Power Writing

PowerWriting: An Brief Overview What is Power Writing? ·         Power Writing is a writing system that assigns a number to eac...

Reading Notes: September 3, 2014:

2:06 PM Viv Beck 0 Comments

9/3/14 What is a “Recall”

A Recall follows the 5 Minute Study Strategy.

Students are given four minutes to write down as much information they can about a selected topic.

In our ELA class student have been practicing

How to Grade Recalls

  1. Correct spelling = 1 point

  2. Correct part of speech = 1 point

  3. Correct definition = 2 points

So…

Each vocab word = 4 points

So…

5 vocab words = 20 points

So …

18/20 = 90% ß----- this score will be recorded

14/20 = 70 % ßscore recorded

9/03/14 Incorporation

What is incorporation?

Blending a question or a prompt with your answer to create a new statement.

Example:

Q: What is your favorite type of dessert?

A: chocolate cake with frosting. (NOT INCOPRORATED)

A: My favorite type of dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

A: Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is my favorite type of dessert.

Q: Where do you like to go when you want to be alone?

A: to my basement.

A: When I want to be alone I like I go in my room.

A: I like to go to my bedroom when I want to be alone.

A: The place I want to go to when I want to be alone is my room.